Nominations for the 2015 cycle of The Cann Awards will be accepted starting September 10, 2014.
Did you have a teacher who inspired you? One who changed your life? Is there a teacher you credit with helping you become the person you are today? Do you remember a specific interaction with your teacher that proved to be a moment of inspiration and transformation? Share your story.
- The Cann Awards celebrates the best in teaching from around the world. In accordance with the values set forth and modeled by Tony Cann, eligible nominees include:
- A teacher who displays excellent leadership qualities
- A teacher who encourages students to explore and create
- A teacher who inspires critical thinking among students
- A teacher who responds to the diverse learning needs of students with importance
- A teacher who gives successful direction to students’ careers
- A teacher who motivates students towards positive thinking and positive ways of living
- A teacher who inspires students towards developing problem solving attitude
- Create your written, audio, or video story. The content and quality of the story is more important than the format you choose.
- Written submissions must not exceed 500 words and must be in plain text (.txt) or Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx) formats. Audio or video submissions must not exceed 5 minutes. Video must be in AVI or WMV format, minimum resolution 320×240. Audio must be in MP3 or WAV format.
- Nominations should be submitted through the online nomination form on TheCannAwards.com. If unable to submit your nomination through the online form, download the form and email it to TheCannAwards@prometheanworld.com
- In order to complete the nomination, you will need to provide contact information for the teacher you are nominating. If the teacher you are nominating is deceased, you will need to provide contact information for the teacher’s family or next of kin. Do your best to provide accurate contact information. If you submit a great story but we are unable to locate your teacher, we will not be able to consider her/him for the Award.
- A panel of five education experts, including Tony Cann, the Chairman of Promethean’s Board of Directors and Promethean’s CEO will determine the winners from a group of finalists.
- Join the conversation using #thecannawards.
- All required materials must be submitted online or postmarked by the deadline, Sunday, November 15, 2014.
The application deadline is November 15, 2014.
Questions? Contact TheCannAwards@prometheanworld.com.